Meet Your Future
We treat our employees well, knowing they will treat our customers well in return.
Project Manager – Estimator
Position – Project Manager / Estimator:
The successful candidate will have experience in all phases of construction project management, preferably with water and wastewater utility construction. This would include new construction as well as rehabilitation of existing infrastructure. Knowledge of trenchless construction such as pipe bursting, cured-in-place-pipe (CIPP) and cleaning & CCTV activities is also beneficial. The position will serve as the principal liaison between the Company, project owners, prime contractors, and subcontractors. The position will be based at the Company headquarters in Liberty, MO (Greater Kansas City Metropolitan Area).
Inquiries will be kept confidential, as requested. Salary and benefits package are typical for the position but will be commensurate with experience and ability.
The Project Manager / Estimator’s primary responsibility includes project estimating / planning, management and execution of water and wastewater utility projects. The Project Manager / Estimator develops the initial project scope, prepares the cost estimate, schedules, and plans the execution as well as oversees, manages, and monitors the project progress, all from a production, scheduling and financial perspective. He/She provides direct support to the field crews, both internally and for subcontractors, and serves as the primary contact with the customer.
General responsibilities include initial project site reviews, plan take-offs and quantity verification, cost estimating, customer and agency interaction, subcontractor selection and management, securing necessary permits, quality control oversight, project and crew scheduling, project safety in accordance with Havens’ policies and procedures, overall project financial management from original budget setup to final project close-out and invoicing and collection of payments from the customer. He/She must possess strong verbal and written communication skills as well as organizational skills and possess an attitude conducive to working with a wide range of people.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review, interpret and understand construction drawings, specifications, and schedules
- Review proposed contract documents, agreements, quotes, and subcontract agreements and identify potentially unacceptable or questionable clauses
- Review project sites and gather data required for initial estimate completion
- Formulate project estimates in Excel or specialty bidding software, such as HCSS Heavy Bid or B2W, and be able to present such data to management for review
- Prepare bid submissions/proposals
- Act as liaison between Havens and the customer
- Secure and manage subcontractors
- Review, track and manage project financials including project budgets, job cost reports and work-in-process
- Prepare, submit, and track progress billings
Job Specifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- Four-year college degree preferred and/or 5 years’ experience in construction management. Experience with water/wastewater construction and/or trenchless rehabilitation preferred
- Must be self-motivated and possess a positive attitude conducive to working with field and office personnel
- Must be able to effectively communicate in both verbal and written form in English and have advanced computer knowledge including minimally Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook
- Must have the ability to learn and comprehend company and job-specific software
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a driving record consistent with Company’s requirements
- Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screen and adhere to Company’s policy regarding such
- Must hold in regard the Company’s best interest and look for opportunities to improve the profitability of projects while maintaining high levels of safety, quality, and customer satisfaction
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to work in an office as well as a field typesetting
- Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions
- Must be able to work overtime when required
- Must be willing and able to travel
Havens Construction specializes in water and wastewater infrastructure for municipalities, developers, and general contractors. Since its founding in 1968, Havens has been a leading firm in the Midwest for quality underground construction including sanitary sewers, storm drainage, water mains, site work as well as the rehabilitation of existing water and wastewater infrastructure. Havens also specializes in self-perform trenchless construction including pipe bursting (mains and laterals) and is an LMK Technologies licensed installer for lateral lining (CIPP) including the T-Liner® Main-to-Lateral Connection Lining System. More information may be found on our website www.havensco.com. Havens offers excellent benefits including competitive salary, bonus potential, paid vacation, health, vision and dental insurance, life insurance and 401(k) with company profit sharing match. Havens is an equal opportunity employer.
We always have room in our workforce for people who are committed to quality, safety, and productivity. If you have a strong work ethic, are mechanically oriented, and believe any job worth doing is worth doing right? Well, we’d like to talk to you.
Havens Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer and bases employment decisions on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, or disability.