To be considered for this position you must have at least five years of previous related experience. As a Foreman, you will effectively lead and manage crew members’ daily activities and production according to the project timeline, plans, specifications, codes, and industry standards and provide the necessary training on proper safety and operational procedures.
- Plan, coordinate and organize people, equipment, tools, and materials to promote the safe, efficient, and timely construction of the project.
- Ensure that construction equipment is correctly operated and maintained.
- Maintain accurate reporting records including job quantities, productivity rates, time sheets and daily management reports.
- May assist in developing a weekly schedule and in carrying out sequence of activities for assigned crew.
- Responsible for timely completion of work assignments within the estimated costs while maintaining the company’s reputation for quality workmanship/product.
- Responsible for the safety of those on the crew and will conduct all operations according to all applicable company and government safety rules.
- Will develop and maintain a proper crew attitude by conducting toolbox meetings and communicating safety concerns, work scope, plans and schedules.
- Monitor compliance by all employees under his/her supervision with all Company policies.
- High school diploma or its equivalent with 5 + years of experience in the water / wastewater industry.
- Ability to demonstrate thorough knowledge and skill to perform all essential functions of craft workers under his/her supervision.
- Ability to perform task planning to safely and efficiently carry out all aspects of work assigned, train/ teach safety practices, policies, and procedures.
- Have a working knowledge of the scheduling, material control and unit manhour performance, estimating fundamentals and job cost management systems.
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions and communicate effectively with craft workers under his/her supervision and management/supervision.
- Must be a good communicator, motivator, and team player.